Thursday 24 September 2015

Down the Rabbit Hole of Style

Jackie Collins: All the things I find inspiring this week are from the past. Reading about the death of the saucy and glamourous Jackie Collins took me down a rabbit hole of sorts. Of course, I began by reminiscing about my teenage self buried under the covers reading Hollywood Wives---a book that was so steamy to my teenage mind it gave the 14 year old me the sweaty, nervous jitters at the prospect of my aunt discovering me. Such a talent Collins had in bringing to life, in my mind's eye, the sumptuous, decadent and glamourous homes and lives of her characters. Those Collins sisters---unapologetic, over the top glitz.


Dominick Dunne: A Season in Purgatory, anyone? Was there ever another to fluently portray the lives of the rich and famous as Jackie Collins did? Absolutely: the one and only, the late Dominick Dunne, novelist, journalist and chronicler of the life of the rich and famous. AD captured his Connecticut home some years ago. You may recall that Dunne interviewed the Collins sisters for Vanity Fair. Go here to check out that cover!

The Editor at Large > Dominick Dunne furniture, antiques to be auctioned in NY:  





Elbow Patches: Seeing Dunne putter around in his home in his elbow patch jacket sent me on the search for my very own and I found it at JCREW. And, promptly bought it. A classic I will wear four seasons down the road.



The A-Line Skirt: I think fashion repeats itself only in so far as the things repeated are absolute classics. And I went on the hunt to Pinterest to view some ladies of classic style. I may have found some to inspire me during the coming fall: A-line skirts paired with turtle neck sweaters or oxford shirts sound about right.


jackie  http://markdsikes.com/2012/10/14/when-paparazzi-was-chic-part-2/:
 
Grace Kelly:

Leopard: In the end, I've come full circle, because there is no classic like a leopard anything. Jackie Collins loved to wear leopard print. It has become my weakness too.

 
Just came across this - Jackie Collins. Photo by Courtesy Everett Collection | Spotted!: Leopard Print Through the Years - WWD.com:

Rest in Peace Jackie Collins.
 
Of course ,  you can share with your friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment